Enjoying a new outdoor entertainment area with loved-ones, is one of the most rewarding experiences. How do you top the pleasure of bringing loved-ones together and creating priceless memories? Home additions, such as Patios have come along way, and the options today seem endless. A common question we get is: “what the difference between an All-Weather-Patio is and a Traditional Patio.” Let’s explore the difference between the two, and which may be best for you.
A traditional patio is designed specifically for your home and will not only add value to your property, but also turn an under-utilsed outdoor space into a versatile and functional area. Other characteristics include:
- The patio usually has an open-air (no fixed walls or doors) design that includes gables, arches, or flat roof.
- The Patio should come with a 15-year guarantee against fading, cracking, or chipping so you know your new addition will stay looking great.
- In the colder months you may need additional heating for your traditional patio & in summer you may need fans.
Traditional Patios in Victoria are great for:
- Hosting BBQs during the warmer months
- Chilling out with a relaxing beverage` on a balmy evening
- Creating a more expansive feel to smaller houses with an extra ‘outdoor room’
- Maintaining close connection to your garden & nature
- Adding value to your home
All Weather Patios (AWP)
Have you ever experienced a special occasion that had to be moved indoors when the unexpected rain and wind crashed the party? Rain, hail or shine an All-Weather Patio will keep the party going.
- An All-Weather Patio should have all the quality characterises mentioned above, and in addition is fully enclosed and designed to be used all-year-round, even in the colder months.
- Unlike expensive glass-sunrooms, the next-generation of All-Weather Patios are manufactured with sliding or bi-folding screen doors that contain polyvinyl infills. The perfect blend of quality, durability and value for money.
All Weather Patios in Victoria are great for:
- Entertaining all-year-round
- Relaxing in your own sanctuary after a busy-day, any time of the day
- Enjoying the flexibility of opening-up or closing your patio, with ease
- Protection from bugs
- Adding value to your home
What to Consider?
So, how do you decide what is best for you? Consider your goals and budget, as well as how you plan to use the space. Asking yourself these questions will be helpful:
- Is entertaining at home all-year-round (12 months of a year) important to you and your family?
- When the weather turns would you like to be able to easily close your patio in minutes without effecting your guests?
- Do you dream of having sanctuary at home where you can get away from the daily grind, any time you want?
Also, when considering your budget for this project, also consider how each option may increase the resale value of your home.